||The census results have an extensive and versatile scope of applications within the public and private sectors.
The results are utilized by central administration offices, municipalities, regions, scientific institutions, universities, organizations focusing on a specific sector (such as transport, housing constructions, territorial plan, the environment and so on) as well as by enterprises and the public.
Specific examples of census result utilization were as follows:
- the utilization of censuses for the development or, to be precise, for the assessment of fulfilment of governmental documents such as the State Conception of Family Policy, Government priorities and processes when realizing equality of men and women, the Conception of Housing Policy, the Strategy of Regional Development and so on.
- standard utilization for various legislative purposes;
- the utilization of data for the preparation of projects for drawing from EU funds.
Other specific ways of utilizing the 2001 census data:
- The census results were utilized during the processing of the Regional Operational Programs for the years 2007 – 2013 in all of the regions; the data was also used when processing development documents of the cohesion regions NUTS2;
- Local authorities utilize RSO (Register of Enumeration Districts and Buildings) data for the elaboration of anti-flood measures;
- The Fire Rescue Service utilizes data from the RSO and censuses (so-called the technical parameters) for evacuation plans and for developing operative decision-making during rescues;
- In the capital city of Prague, the Regional Organiser of Prague Integrated Transport utilized the data for the development of a new conception of Prague Integrated Transport;
- Public transport companies within large cities or, to be precise, specialized municipal divisions utilized the data concerning commuting (in accordance with demands, data was provided in selected large cities to the level of urban district) for optimisation of the transport services within specific territories;
- Information about commuting to work served as groundwork for the processing of general transport plans (road and railway transport) in several regions;
- For the processing of detailed data about type of heating, about heating fuel, about warm water in municipalities within the Zlin region for respective regional authority;
- ENZO, a company dealing with waste management, utilized the population census results (of heating with solid fuel) to estimate the amount of municipal waste in municipalities; the data results were used by several cities and territorial units to process an energy conceptions;
- The Ministry of the Environment of the Czech Republic utilized the data about municipalities for territorial study in terms of protecting the environment in the Carpathian area;
- The company Telecom utilized the number of inhabitants in municipalities stemming from the population census to adhere to Provision of the act concerning the installation of public telephone booths in accordance with the population density;
- The Pardubice municipal authority utilized data about individual houses, including the maps, to fulfil tasks stemming from Act No. 239/2000 Collection of Laws concerning the Integrated Rescue System;
- The Czech Hydrometerological Institute utilized the specific data about heating and heating fuel at the level of Czech municipalities, for its own purposes.